Share your Feast of Tabernacles experiences with us and others online by using the hashtag #ucgfot on Twitter, Instagram, Vine and Google+, and sharing posts on Facebook.
Live WebCast - Victor Kubik
Jekyll Island Feast Site Update
Many have asked about the condition with the Jekyll Island feast site in the aftermath of Hurricane Matthew. After communicating with the Jekyll Island Convention Center, and several of the lodging facilities in the area, we have been told that the island should be fully back to normal operations by Wednesday, October 12th.
There was much less physical damage to the area than had been initially feared, and those on the island tell us that the weather that passed through last week should not negatively affect the Jekyll feast site.
We would encourage anyone who has questions about their individual lodging to check with the appropriate hotel or rental agency.
The Jekyll Island feast site will be open as usual and we thank God for protecting the site from significant harm.
- Stan Martin, Festival Coordinator, Jekyll Island
Hymnal Projection Feast Sites 2016
If the Feast site is not projecting the hymns on a screen then you will need to bring your own personal hymnal or you can use the UCG hymnal app available to download to your mobile device or use online at https://www.ucg.org/members/hymnal
|Big Fork, MT||Yes|
|Jekyll Island, GA||Yes|
|Kohala Coast, HI||Yes|
|Ocean City, MD||No|
|Panama City Beach, FL||Yes|
|Steamboat Springs, CO||Yes|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Yes|
Download a copy of the Phoenix Activity Schedule as well as a PDF of the full Festival Brochure. We have moved the time of our opening night service up half an hour from 7:00pm and it will now start at 6:30pm on Sunday, October 16th. Also, if you are interested in participating in the Post-Feast Grand Canyon tour, please email Monte Knudson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to preregister.
2016 Bend, Oregon - Feast of Tabernacles Schedule
Sabbath Services before the Feast – October 15
This year the weekly Sabbath falls the day before the Feast begins. Many members and ministers will have already left for the Feast of Tabernacles before the weekly Sabbath. As a result, many congregations are canceling services before the Feast on October 15th.
We have provided a map that indicates which congregations have confirmed that they will hold services that day (indicated by a solid green star) and those who have indicated that services will be cancelled (indicated by an outline red star). We hope this map will help you to make your travel plans to this year’s Feast. Most congregations holding services will be meeting at their regular times, but it is best to contact the pastor as early as possible to make sure.
Feel free to print the map to leave on your information table or bulletin board at services. The PDF map can be found here - http://feast.ucg.org/sites/default/files/Sabbath-Services-2016-10-15.pdf
-- Chris Rowland, Ministerial and Member Services
We're now less than three weeks from the Feast of Tabernacles. Our opening night service on October 16 begins at 7:30 pm in the Grand Ballroom.
Here are a few updates that can be of help to you and your families:
1. Our foursome golf tournament (18 holes) needs more golfers in order to keep our reservation with Holiday Golf. We currently have seven signed up and need at least 16. If you can't bring your clubs, you can rent clubs at Holiday Golf for a really small cost of $5. The carts are free and included in the $40 fee. So if you're considering playing in the golf outing on Sunday, Oct. 23, you'll need to let me know soon. We'll receive your payment during the week of the Feast (after the opening holy day). If there are enough golfers for this to continue, we will announce a brief meeting on either Thursday or Friday of the Feast in Sago # 3. You can pay for the tournament at that time.
2. Youth and Teens Festival Booklets will be available during the Feast at the Information Table. Parents should pick up their child's current grade level: K-1; 2-3; 4-5, and 6-Teen, all displayed on the Information Table. The Education Team asks the families who registered on the Feast Website to pick up their booklets first.
3. The local Panama City Beach Feast Brochure is going to the printer today. The brochure is thoughtfully designed to help you to have a better, more enjoyable, and safer Feast. We provide this brochure free to all Feast attendees and it will be available at the Information Table immediately before the Opening Night Service. The Feast Brochure includes the following: Welcome Message, Festival Announcements, Scheduled Activities, Festival Reminders, Speaking Schedule, and Conference Center layout. Please take the time to read it through by or before the first Holy Day. We do have some activities on the first Holy Day that include Teen Hospitality, Youth Instruction, and a Singles meet and greet in the evening.
4. Our first Youth Instruction class will be held at 1:30 pm on the first Holy Day (October 17). Parents should have their children in their respective class rooms (Sago #2 for the youngest, Palm East and Palm West) by 1:15 pm. We should have appropriate signs for grade levels outside each classroom. Children will end their instruction at 2:20 pm and will return to their parents (with parental help) during our announcement time (following the sermonette and song). The second and final Youth Instruction class will be held on Friday, October 21 at 9:30 am.
5. You might want to check out our Activity Schedule on the Panama City Beach web page (click on the Activities tab).
6. We will hold a weekly Sabbath service in the Grand Ballroom beginning on October 15, at 2 pm.
7. Reminder: A department head meeting will be held from 11 am to 12:30 pm on Sunday, October 16 in Sago # 3.
May your entire Feast be peaceful and enjoyable.
Jerold W. Aust
Greetings to all Panama City Beach Feast Attendees 2016,
We're only three weeks out from the Feast of Tabernalces. Hopefully you are planning for a great Feast, physically and spiritually. This is a short note regarding Sabbath services on the weekly Sabbath before the Feast. On October 15th, at 2 pm, we will hold a service in the Grand Ballroom. Many of you brethren are likely coming down to the Feast on Friday so having a weekly Sabbath service is essential for God's people.
We plan to webcast the weekly Sabbath service in Panama City Beach on October 15th so if any of you brethren in different parts of the country need to connect to a live service, you can catch us live! I know of at least one church who has asked for our webcast on the weekly Sabbath before the Feast; there may be more. Thankfully we have some really good audio-visual professionals from the Home Office to make this all happen.
One more item: We have posted the Feast Activity Schedule on the Panama City Beach web site and additionally, we are providing a colorful and reasonably comprehensive Feast Brochure for you at the Feast that addresses most of our needs during the Feast. Please pick up one of these from the Information area in the Convention Center and don't forget to read it :).
Drive safely and we'll see you soon. Please pray for the safety of our Feast site and all Feast sites around the world.
Jerold Aust, Feast Coordinator